Ways to Save
Talk about energy efficiency.
Tenants and landlords should work together to improve the efficiency of a space. Tenants may have concerns about making investments in a building that is owned by someone else. Landlords may have the same concerns with upgrading the site when a tenant is paying the utility bill. By working as a team, owners can improve the value of their property and renters can reduce their electric costs.
Make small changes now.
Businesses can save thousands of dollars each year by replacing lights and installing energy-efficient equipment.
Consider taking bigger steps for greater energy efficiency gains.
Our Preferred Partners Network is comprised of trade allies and energy services companies that deliver high quality efficiency and demand response.
Rebates, Incentives & Financing
Get cash back for lighting and heating and cooling equipment upgrades, or take advantage of energy efficiency loans. Learn more about rebates, incentives and financing for commercial customers.
Heating & Cooling
- Set the thermostat at 78 degrees or higher in the summer and 68 degrees or lower in the winter. See how the savings add up on our Thermostat Chart.
- Check and maintain heating and air conditioning equipment.
- Replace air filters regularly.
- Invest in programmable thermostats.
- Consider installing an efficient heat pump.
- Stop heating and cooling unused areas or storage rooms.
- Use energy-efficient fluorescent lights. They cost more to purchase, but they use only one-quarter as much energy as incandescent bulbs and last up to 10 times longer.
- Install lighting timers or sensors that eliminate the cost of leaving the lights on when no one is around.
- Reduce light levels. Don't use more light than you need.
- Keep light fixtures and bulbs clean. Dust absorbs 50% of light.
Around the Office
- Install thermal or storm windows to reduce energy loss.
- Seal up leaks by weather-stripping doors and caulking windows.
- Check for proper insulation to increase savings.
- Upgrade refrigerators to higher-efficiency appliances.
- Close blinds during the summer months and open blinds on sunny winter days.
- Turn off computers and office equipment when it's not in use.
- Encourage employees to be energy-conscious.