NES evaluates several factors to determine if a tree needs to be removed.
- Is it dead, dying, diseased or damaged?
- Does it have the potential for failure? What is the structural integrity of the tree?
- How much of the crown needs to be trimmed?
There are also several considerations in determining if brush should be removed.
- Will it eventually grow into the power lines?
- Is NES equipment accessible by a bucket truck? If not, a clear path must be available in order for crews to make repairs and restore power.
- Does the brush serve a purpose such as providing a screen or sound barrier?
Tree Debris Removal
We work throughout the year to remove dangerous limbs from our power lines. Tree limbs that come into contact with the lines are a common cause of power outages and can create a safety issue.
- Routine Trimming - During normal trimming projects, our contractors will remove and/or chip the tree limbs and debris from the customer's property.
- Emergency Trimming - When tree debris is caused by a storm or emergency situation, NES does not remove it. Our crews must work quickly to restore power to all customers. Crews may need to cut broken and uprooted trees to make repairs to our lines, but it is the responsibility of the property owner to remove the tree debris.
Learn more about our process for Tree Trimming in your Neighborhood.